The Byrum Family

Welcome to our life. Loving our boys and enjoying every second!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

**You may be wondering why every picture of Kaden is him eating or with something on his mouth? Well, it's because it's one of the ONLY times he stays still enough to take his picture**

Kaden has been extremely funny lately...Here are just a few of the many funny things that I can remember him saying! I need to write them down right away or else I forget them!

While eating his dinner over at my Dad's house he yells, "That's what I'm talking about!" Like that was some good cereal...

While roaring and gnashing his teeth he yells "I'm a STEGASAURUS!" He is not even 3

He says "No! I'm the Boss!" (Actually, not very funny) although I can tell he really thinks that he is sometimes.

My Mom told me the other day that she thinks Kaden is the smartest kid in the world. I think she is a little bias...Don't ya think?! Although I do think he is really smart! :)

We have still stayed pretty much stayed indoors for the last few days. It's cold and foggy out and it just is making us all feel really lazy. We ran out of coffee, so Mike got us Starbucks this morning...That is strong coffee!

We had a great Valentines Day...The boys gift to Mike and I was sleeping in till almost 8 on Saturday morning!!! That was the greatest gift they could have given us. This is truly a gift because IT NEVER HAPPENS! Mike had Saturday and Sunday off this weekend, so that has been really nice. We didn't do much during the day yesterday. We needed diaper wipes and a few other things so I decided to take Kaden to Walmart with me. I had to tell him before we even got there that he had to ride in the cart or else I was in for a possible tantrum when I told him that he couldn't walk in the store. I actually had to bribe him and tell him he could have a sucker...I know, Mom of the Year! It was a dum dum sucker, you know those little things. That made him happy while we got the things we needed. I was reminded why I try and stay away from that store especially ON Valentines Day...I caught Kaden sneaking a package of Oreo cookies into the cart. I guess I had the basket too close to the items on the shelf. Not a good idea...When we got to the register, there was a valentine card that he snuck in there too. Mike chose our dinner that night and was pretty much in charge of making it, although I did help him a little. We bbq'd Filet Mignon and boiled little lobster tails. Then we cut up and roasted some sweet potatoes and some asparagus. Needless to say, dinner was amazing. He did great. He even thought to buy the boys one of their favorite things to eat for dinner, pork apple sausage. They ate that along with the rest of their dinner and then dug into the cake that Kaden and I made. Overall we had a great day together. The boys ate way too much sugar!
Austin got a black eye on Wednesday,you can see it in the picture above...Kaden was pushing him around on his tricycle and he hit something and went flying off. The handle bar got him in the eye. Poor baby! He was running around within minutes, so he didn't let it get him down. I wasn't home when it happened but I did get a text message with a picture of his swollen bloody eye! Every time I would talk about his eye, he would make this face...He squints his eyes and makes this funny little face. Now he does it to make us laugh. He is so funny.

We have been telling him to "shhhh" because Kaden is taking a nap, so when he walked pasted Kaden's room just now he looked up at Mike and said "SHHHHH" and put his little finger up to his lips. Love him!

I will leave you with a few pictures from the week.

Oh and also...

Someone on SLO county Mommies posted a link to this....
I have to say that since reading over this blog, it has really made me appreciate my family and love them so much more! It made me realize that tomorrow is not promised to us and to seize every opportunity to show the ones you love how much you love them! Everyday... I am so amazed with the way this man is raising his daughter and what a great job he is doing honoring his wife...It will make you laugh and cry. So make sure you have tissues ready. At first I sat and cried, but before I knew it, I had been reading it for an hour. I thought about it all day yesterday. I do have to warn you that if you are in any way offended by bad language, don't read it...But if that doesn't bother you, then check it out. It will change the way you think about things. Just had to share.

0 Post a comment: